We were potentially heading to Florida last night. Beth has a friend in Tampa who was trying offer us a free place to stay (pending his landlord’s and roommate’s approval) until our taxes come in next week and to help us find housing out there if we gave up on California for now. If that were to happen, we would be going there to get stable and fix our credit and then coming back here in a year or so. There’s a school there Beth and Logan want to go to and we have friends who could get us on at Universal. We actually all know people there.
However, we got a call from PATH yesterday and they say they have found us a place. We go see it on Monday and according to them we can sign the lease then if we want it. Landlord gives supposedly doesn’t care about credit and says they won’t run a check. It’s a 3 bedroom in Los Angeles proper for $1650, the neighborhood isn’t bad, just low income . So we are staying here until Monday at least. If this works out, PATH will pay the deposit and up to 3 months rent, DPSS will pay to get our utilities turned on and to get us appliances if the unit doesn’t come with them, so hopefully this works out and we can finally start working regularly, get the businesses back up and resume school in March.